GIPSA, a group of 4 PSU general insurance companies, decided to standardise rates for around 42 medical procedures across various categories of over 4000 hospitals for settling cashless claims but is looting and cheating patient by GOOF-up with hospital and TPA. GIPSA in package is almost 4 times the rate that any patient can do a procedure under cash payment in same hospital or ends up paying 3 times than when patient is insured with pvt. insurer company. Thus it seems that GIPSA is to promote PVt. company business which was earleir negligible but now has already reach to 50% market share after GIPSA came into effect on July 2010. There is no GIPSA website. GIPSA common monopoly rates for 4 PSU is against the original policy because of which it was necessary to create 4 PSU for competition.
Public Information Officer,
General Insurer Public Sector Association Of India,( GIPSA)
Applicant is Indian citizen and this Application for information is under Right To information Act 2005.
Particulars of information required
1. Subject Matter: GIPSA, a group of association of 4 PSU general insurance companies.
2. Description of information required: GIPSA’s working and it legal identity.
3. Standard rates for any mediacal procedures are negotiated for entire City or for Individual hospital or nursing home
4. The name and/or Designation of persons, who negotiates Standard rates for different medical procedures, GIPSA or TPA
5. Is GIPSA registered under any of the following, Societies Act, Trust Act, or Companies Act
6. Is GIPSA passed in Parliament ?
7. Is appointment of TPA passed in Parliament ?
8. What is the criteria which is taken into account when standard rates for different medical procedures are fixed ?
9. The name of the monitoring agency that governs the working of GIPSA ?
10. The website address of GIPSA ?
Information required will be collected by ——-.