INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM THE CONTROLLER GENERAL OF ACCOUNTS
APPLICATION UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
The Public Information Officer
C/o Deputy Controller general of accounts
Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts,
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market
New Delhi – 110003
Subject: Information required under the Right to Information Act 2005
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Regarding: Position of Grant of grade pay of 5400 to AAO
Particulars of information required: As per list mentioned below
1.The CAG (Comptroller and auditor General of India) has granted the option to give the entry grade pay to its assistant account officers who joined as Assistant accounts officers on promotion on or after 01.01.2006 to 31..08.2008.
What is the position of CGA on the issue and what are the correspondences?
2. Most ministries, Secretariat, atomic energy, railways have granted grade pay of 5400 to AAOs after 4 years of servie in the grade pay of 4800/.
What is the CGA’s position on it and what are the correspondences and notes involved.
What is the rationale behind not giving the same benefit to the AAOs?
3. What amount of office expense bills are passed in the last week of march in the last five years and what is the fraction of the amount to the total expenditure in the respective year? What action has the CGA taken to stop this excessive presentation of bills and the reason behind such urgency?
4. Why is the salary of March paid in April? Is it just following the British rules or has the CGA ever made any attempt to treat March as a regular Month? Is this done to facilitate the passing of OE ad other contingent bills in the last days of the month?
5. How many offices, requesting for extra staff since last 4 years has not been assigned any new staff? What is the reason and ethics behind such refusal?
6. Is there a mechanism in the CGA office to recognize the efforts of PAOs and AAOs and I f so; how many PAOs and AAOs have been awarded fast track promotion away from the regular line of promotion? If no body has been promoted in this manner , does the CGA say that there is no extra competent PAO/AAO in the organization?
7. How many PAOs has been escaped charge sheet by transfer from one department to another.
8. The departments of CBEC, CBDT, Atomic energy, CPWD etc are paying crores of rupees to different parties. What action has been taken by the CGA to regulate the payments through electronic mode (ECS, NEFT et) as per the CVC guidelines? If no step has been taken so far; is the CGA not aware of the CVC guidelines?
Period pertaining to information: 2011
Find the application fee for the request attached with this application (Indian Postal Order No. ___________dated __________ is enclosed). If you feel that above requested information does not pertain to your department then please follow the provisions of Section 6(3) of the RTI Act, 2005/Also as per the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority w.r.t your department with the reply to the above request., where I may if required file my first appeal.
I do hereby declare that I am a citizen of India. Kindly provide me with the information at the address/email id mentioned with the application. I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of the 30 day period after you have received the application.