Roads condition in U-Block, DLF Phase-3, Gurgaon
Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon,
U-75/36, 37 (Ground Floor)
Gurgaon – 122001
(Mobile No: +91-9711311475; Email: email@example.com)
Subject: Application for Information under Right to Information Act 2005
I, Kamal Kishore, a citizen of India, request you to kindly provide me the following information under the Right to Information Act, 2005:
1) Please inform me the Name, Designation, Address, Office Telephone number of the Officer of the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon or the related Institution, who is responsible for the maintenance of Roads located in U-Block, DLF Phase-3 (Behind Cyber Greens), Gurgaon. I am particularly concerned about the road which goes from RBS Building towards Basement Market of U-Block and street U-79.
2) How often and with what frequency is the above mentioned officer supposed to carry out inspection of the roads and check their condition?
3) When was the last date and time when the officer carried out an inspection of the roads located in U-Block, DLF Phase-3?
4) Please provide me with a certified copy of the Action Taken Report based on the inspection report made by the officer after inspecting the roads in U-Block, DLF Phase-3 area.
5) Please give a list of all the works related to improvement of roads and streets carried out in this area during the period from Jan 2010 to June 2011.
6) How many times have repairs (both minor and major) been carried out on each road and street in this area?
For each repair work, the list should contain:
a) The length of the street or the road repaired and identify the starting and the ending point by house
b) Numbers or other methods (like a small hand drawn sketch)
c) Exact location of spots where the work was carried out
d) The name of the work
e) Work order no.
f) Length of repair
g) Average width of repair
h) Method of repair
i) What was the composition of repair
j) Actual date of start
k) Actual date of completion
l) Amount paid or payable
m) Status of work
n) Name of the contractor
- o) Mode of improvement of that road or street
7) After you have prepared the above information, I would like to inspect your measurement books and work order registers related to these works to ensure that you have given complete information. Please let me know a date and time and the venue where I can come for inspection.
8) The roads are totally broken these days. Please give specific reasons for the bad condition of each of these roads separately in a table format stating Name of the road, starting and ending point and the reason for poor condition.
9) If any of the roads is broken due to water stagnation on the road, please intimate whether it is due to wrong design, wrong execution, poor quality material or due to clogged drains or any other reason?
10) If it is due to wrong design, wrong execution, poor quality materials, how was the payment passed?
11) What action will be taken against the engineer who inspected the road and let it pass like this?
12) If it is due to clogged drain, please provide the following information from the concerned department which dealt with it:
a) When were these drains cleaned during the stated period?
b) Give copy of the measurement book of the cleaning carried out?
c) Provide the names of the officials who inspected and passed the payments. This means that these officials did not do their job properly. Their inaction has caused so much loss to the exchequer and so much inconvenience to the public. They are also guilty of criminal misconduct under the Prevention of corruption Act.
d) By when will action be taken against them and what action will you take?
13) The fact that these roads have broken shows that very bad material has been used in the roads. What enquiries will be made to ascertain the quality of the roads? How will you fix responsibilities? By when the enquiries will be completed?
14) The payments seem to have been done fraudulently and the inspection carried out by the engineers was faulty. What enquiries will be instituted against the engineers who passed the payments and did faulty inspection?
15) How many written or verbal complaints has the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon or the related Institution received regarding the poor conditions of Roads in the U-Block, DLF Phase-3 Area? Please give me the following information about each of the complaints:
a) Date of complaint
b) Daily progress of the complaint received
c) Action taken on the complaint received
d) Date of reply given to the complainant and a copy of the reply
16) By what date can the citizens living in U-Block, DLF Phase-3 area expect the roads to be restored to their original conditions and be made fit for normal driving?
17) If the roads are not restored to their original conditions by the date indicated in Item 15 above, what action will be taken and what penalties will be levied by Council/Corporation against the officers/ contractors/ agencies which do not restore the road on time?
I am attaching the receipt of the payment of application fees for this RTI Application. I am willing to pay any further charges as decided by the PIO and communicated to me with a reasoned written order, giving detailed calculations for arriving at the additional charges so requested by the PIO.
Mobile No: +91-9711311475