Delay in Scholarships.
There are over 200 students who are suffering due to Delay in payment of Scolarships.
Also according to the scheme , 80,000/ annum should be given to a student , but we receive only 60,000.
Retd. Lt. Col. A.K. Shrivastava
Public Information Officer
Indian Institute of Technology- Roorkee
Sub: Application under the Right to Information Act (RTIA), 2005
Provide the following details relating to the distribution of INSPIRE (Innovation for Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Scholarships in IIT Roorkee since 2008 to till date.
- Please provide the Name, Fathers Name,Branch, Year, Roll number of all the students who are eligible to receive the above mentioned scholarship.
- Please tell the amount of the scholarship, which all the above mentioned students should receive.
- Have the above mentioned students in question 1, already been given the scholarship amount for the year 2011-12 according to your records?
If yes, then provide an attested copy of the related documents/registers which contain the above mentioned details.
- How many students received the scholarship in the year 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 ?
Provide an attested copy of the receipt register which contains the signatures of the students.
- What is the basis on which the distribution of scholarships to the students is decided? Are there any rules and regulations for such scholarship distribution? Provide an attested copy of all related governing orders/directions and laws.
- What is the total amount of funds allotted by the Government for the distribution of scholarships to various students?
- Has the department made any arrangement/system for the fair and just distribution of scholarships to the deserving students? Provide an attested copy of the related documents.
- If any student has not been given the scholarship during the year 2011-2012, then specify the reason for the same. Provide an attested copy of the related documents.
- Provide a list of all such students who have not been given the scholarship yet with the following particulars:
• Name of the student
• Father’s name
• Reason for not being given the scholarship
10. Specify the names and designation of the officers responsible for the non payment of
scholarships on time. What action will be taken against such officers according to
departmental rules and regulations? When will this action be taken?
I am depositing the application fee (Rs.10/-) separately.
Also as per the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority w.r.t to your department with the reply to the above request., where I may if required file my first appeal.